Chapter 2
We get to Mt. Baker. No one barfed. We are laughing. A Lot. In fact on the way up Doreen's son, Marc asked us to cool it on the laughing. Marc brought a friend and was probably embarrassed, cuz you know how teens hate it when their Moms are laughing and having fun.
I had to rent gear so I go to do that and they go to buy tickets. This all goes very smoothly. I have bad feet but I actually got boots that felt pretty good. Shelly helped me put them on. It takes a village. I'm just amazed at the new gear. Things have changed since 1987. Not just me, but the gear. It is snazzy and improved.
Then we do a fashion shoot. Why? Well, because we can. And our gear is pretty interesting. Especially if you're into vintage. Dor's hot pink gloves from the '80's are back in style. Shell's skinny ski pants are vintage cool and I have my Vail scarf from 1978. It's cute and a modern day miracle that I could actually find it.
We decide we have got it goin' on. We strike a few poses and click away. We are getting a few looks, obviously other skiers are wondering if we are someone famous.
Gear is on! Everyone has a breakfast cookie and lip gloss in their pockets. We've had a shot of coffee vodka and a toast. The sun is trying to shine. It's not too busy. We've told anyone that will listen... we're back! Tami hasn't been skiing since 1987 and Shelly has lifted the Baker Ban. She banned Baker for 10+ years because of the boarders and their lack of manners.
Up the mountain we go... On the chair safely.
I had forgotten how beautiful it is at Baker, how happy I am on the chair lift and that Shelly and Dor sing on the chair lift.
Ohhhh the hills are alive with the sound of music... with tons of trilling. Or a song they composed in the '70's.
Ohhhh cheesehead, cheesehead, will you marry me? With your skis n boots n poles? Nooo dear Yank, I cannot marry you for I have no hat to wear...
Oh my, this is fun! I feel good. Aside from the side ache I have from laughing.
To Be Continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment