Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Long Story and How It All Began

Chapter 1
This may be a long story, so feel free to grab and cup of coffee 
and settle in...
Thursday evening I was at home, minding my own business when I got a text from Shelly.
Shelly- Dor & I might ski to tmro...we want you to come!
Me-Have you been drinking?
Shelly- yes!
Shelly- You said you wanted to ski again.
Shelly-c'mon, it could provide stories for years!
Me- processing.
Shelly-I plan to be very careful... you know how easy i break!
Me- Fred says go, im scared, i haven't gone since 1987... 
I'm in.
Shelly- yay!
 I packed my gear, said my prayers, had a fitful night's sleep and the girls picked me up early Friday morning.
I was ready.  I packed the crutches as a joke.  We had a good laugh.
I packed for every eventuality...
1. Crutches- plan for the worst and hope for the best.
2. A book- to read in the lodge in case I chickened out.
3. Yoga pants and a long sleeved T, in case I wanted to get out of my ski gear or had to go to the hospital.
4. Three pairs of gloves.  I just couldn't decide... I took my driving Isotoners, Max's ski gloves and my ski mittens from the late '70's.
5. Breakfast cookies, protein bars and crackers.
6. Bottled water, powerade and a diet coke to keep hydrated.
7. A bottle of wine and three glasses.
8. Yukon Jack for courage  emergencies.
9. Tylenol, excedrin and tylenol p.m.
10. A jacket and a vest, I just couldn't decide.
11.  ID, credit card, cash and medical insurance card.
12. Phone and camera, I wanted to document the day.
13. My black bandanna scarf that I got in Vail, CO to give the impression I had skiing history.
14. Barf bucket, crackers and water, oh and I took a car sick pill.
15. Hair ties etc, lip gloss etc.
16. A tank top just in case the sun was out and I wanted to sit in the beer garden and soak up a few rays.
I think that's about it.
If nothing else, I was prepared.  For anything.  
To be continued...

2 comments:

Les Hon said...

Ummmm...YOU'RE SCARING ME!!!

Janice said...

Wow - and I thought I was bad........I haven't skiied for 2 years!! Can't wait to read (as Paul Harvey would say) the rest of the story!!